Skip to content
- Reduces the time that is required for performing maintenance tasks.
- Other services running on that domain controller can server client requests
- Continue to log on to the domain controller using a domain admin account while AD DS service is stopped
- Continue to run the other services running on that domain controller and server the client requests.
- You are not allowed to run DCPROMO while AD DS service is stopped but you can use /Forceremoval switch with DCPROMO.
- You cannot perform a system restore while the AD DS service is stopped. The system restore operation must always be executed from DSRM mode.
- Stopping the Active Directory Domain Service will impact the ability to authenticate domain clients and Active Directory applications.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: